Sunday, October 7, 2018

My Pretty Little Muse


It was lunch time and I didn’t want to do the regular we did at the office. We were always having eatery food every Wednesday. It’s just one of the perks of working in the office where I work. We literarily had fun every day and we were well taken care of and we had a good pay at the end of the month. I wasn’t feeling like eating an ‘undone’ chicken of any sort as sometimes, it just comes that way or maybe, I’m just unfortunate, or maybe, my taste buds are just different. I called Kemi, our cleaner where she buys her swallow from. She gave me a description not far from the office and then, I decided to stretch my legs. Off I went.


I had been contemplating on getting either a new iphone7 or a used iphone8. I was still comparing prices online when I got to the place Kemi described for me. They called it “Feel at Home” and oh yes, I felt at home. The steam from the various swallows filled the air and the soups, heavenly. I could feel my stomach walls churn as the aroma aroused every sense in my body. I had been craving hot amala since Sunday evening but just too lazy to get into the kitchen to make myself a plate full. It finally got to my turn and I ‘modestly’ ordered 5 wraps of amala and my ewedu with gbegiri and obe-ata was assaulted with orisirisis coursing through my soup bowl.

I got myself a nice place to sit and started my meal. My good God, every morsel that passed through my mouth was like a slice of paradise and everything nice. I got a bottle of cold Amstel Malta for proper guidance through my intestines. I was still going through my phone as I was yet to make a decision on the upgrade I wanted to make when a very calm and cute voice said, “excuse me, can I join you?”. I didn’t even bother to look up at the person. I just said sure you can and the person sat down. I finally made up my mind to get myself a brand new iphone7. It’s better than having someone trail me over stolen phone I know nothing about.

I had finished eating and was about to get up when I finally decided to catch a glimpse of the person sitting before me. Gosh, I had missed it. I’ve seen fine girls’ o but no, this one was so damn fine. I immediately started regretting why I didn’t look up from the very instant she joined me. Now I had no reason to talk to her after not paying any attention for close to 10 minutes we shared a table. I was still lost in thought when I caught her drop a smile. My heart skipped a beat fam. I guess she was on instagram or snapchat but I wasn’t interested. Right there and then, I became very delusional and imagined her as my wife and me cracking jokes. Her smile was all.



I said hi and the look she gave me was like “you are just seeing me now abi, proud somebody”. She responded in a very nonchalant manner. I got the message but irrespective, I went ahead and introduced myself. “I’m Dami”. She looked at me with a sheepish smile and responded, “HI, I’m Dami too”. Chai she decided to really mess with me. I kept hating myself for those 10minutes I didn’t look up to say hi. I chuckled and asked if she ate there often. She said yes. At that point she was getting up to leave too. I got back to the office and the thought of her couldn’t seem to leave my head. Even when I got home, her smile kept haunting me.

Thursday before 1 o’clock, I was at feel at home but I didn’t feel at home. I waited all lunch but my muse never came for lunch. I was very disturbed. The same thing happened on Friday and that was how I knew my weekend was going to be messed up cos her picture just kept roaming my head.

Lol

I have tire o


To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment