Tuesday, March 22, 2016

STORY: SUCKER FOR LOVE



 I guess I am indeed a very gullible guy. I met this very wonderful girl in church sometime last year before rehearsal in church (all these church girls sha). I was the HOD of that particular department and before going for the meeting, I saw a girl just sitting alone at the back. I walked up to her and I asked her to join my department. She smiled and before we could start talking, I dragged her from her sit and we were hand in hand till we got to the rehearsal grounds. I was still holding her hand till the very end of the meeting and that was the beginning of our friendship.

There was one time there was a show in school and I got 2 tickets. I didn’t have a girlfriend and there was nobody to go with. My friend teased me to call the babe, initially I didn’t want to, but then, no biggie in having a date at the event. She came not looking bad though. The event went well but I left even before they finished and I even left her there (that was bad ehn, I know). Later that night, I got a text message of appreciation. I was taken aback cos I never ‘hesperred heet’.


We became just casual friends and things went on as friends. One evening on our way to church my friend and I were just having random talks about girls and all. He had a babe and I was single. So we stayed at the entrance of the church and he was like I should choose any babe I wanted and he will talk to the person himself. Pointed at the first person and we both laughed cos we both know it’s not my fit. Then this babe came along again. I didn’t want to say anything even though deep down I felt I should. My friend tapped me and said how about her. I said ok, try your luck and he happily did.

There on, we started having dates and that’s how the toasting started o! Before long, I was in love. But even though she hadn’t said yes, I was still contented. I was happy cos she was happy and that was all that mattered. On a very good day, while we were talking she said yes. My happiness knew no bounds, we will talk for hours and even skype late into the night till one of us will sleep off. I remember visiting her once, such a memorable experience (nothing happened o, you are allowed to think of anything, OYO is ur case) just spending time together was ok for me. She even cooked for me. Trust me, her chicken soup is bae.

A new session resumed and we were alive and kicking. We had our fights too though. Don’t think it was all rosy till the end of. Sometimes ehn, she’ll just provoke you with her actions and expect you to smile but then she’s bae innit. You just have to let it go, other times, I give her a piece of my mind though. One time she pissed me off and I didn’t pick her calls for a couple of days (I can’t hit a woman so I would rather ignore you till my anger cools off, I just won’t want to say something that I won’t be able to take back). She felt really bad cos she never expected such from me.

That I believe was where it all started from. After a while, she started ignoring me. From calls to pings to texts and all. She only replied whenever she felt. She just developed a nonchalant attitude I couldn’t understand. It all continued till the holidays. One faithful evening, I called her and she said she was sorry for the nonchalant attitude and all that no matter what she still loves me. I felt a little relieved though. At least an apology surfaced and we were cool. But as time went on things got worse. Ill ping in the dead of the night when I see you listening to songs via your BBM updates. She will read my chats and not reply. I started to wonder what could be wrong. I tried all I could and it was like me trying to get through to a wall.

A new semester resumed and me believing that we could see and sort things out was a wrong believe. Whenever I wanted us to see, there was an excuse, always. Even after church she didn’t want to see me. Finally I was granted audience and what was I made to listen to? That people hurt her a lot the previous year. No one appreciated her even when she had to displease herself to please others. She said she needed time for herself alone to be happy. Even if it was gonna be just this year. I gave her the little advice I could and I made her understand that it shouldn’t affect what we had and all. She said she would try to change but nothing did.

I realized that I no longer interest her. I guess am now old school. Cos in everything I see, am the only one who she’s avoiding I have seen things that I shouldn’t see that has ached my heart but I refuse to speak. I saw a quote that says “the more you know, the more you see and the more you hurt. This is why ignorant people are always happy”. I had to call what we had off. What’s the use of buying a Samsung s7 without subscribing and utilizing its full functions? It makes it no different from a Nokia torch light. You only use both phones for regular calls and messages. What is the use of being in a relationship without care, affection, attention and love? It makes you a single man.


I don’t know if this is wrong because someone else is telling me that this is wrong but at the moment, I just want to let this all out. The painful truth is that I love this girl so much. I always made sure she was happy even if it wasn’t pleasing me. She isn’t blinded to that, she’s just choosing not to see that. So I have decided to let her be. She should experience what the world has to offer and personally learn from it. If she deems it fit for me to be back in her life, she can holla back (Na if I still dey market be that o! Although I don’t think am going anywhere now or anytime soon). I wish her nothing but happiness.


Lemme return back to my busy schedule. I'll buzz you guys again maybe next month. and if something comes up before then, i'll definitely let y'all know. Till then, i love you all *: <3



4 comments: