Saturday, July 2, 2016

#MixedChronicles Part 1



Mixed Chronicles #Part1

Hello Guys,
                                More of this will be coming and ill surely need your contributions on this. Am even thinking of starting a YouTube channel for stuff like this but it all depends on your support and comments aii! Now straight to today’s #MixedChronicle.

                                Way before I was born, I believe ladies never used makeup like we do now. Probably the best case scenarios was who had the best white powder on *lol*. Now, people spend hundreds of thousands just to have all the possible colours on their face! I say people cos some boys are not even excluded now. Sad! Pretty sad! What happens after all this?


                                Have you ever wondered why your daddy hustled so much? It’s not just for himself you know, it’s majorly for you and your mom. That’s a loving home. I think the best we can do is to make them happy. Sometimes, that’s just the best you can offer.

                                Have you ever thought of death? Even as a young person? You know, sometimes, I make some decisions within myself and am like “Yes, I am good to go” and the moment you leave that realm back into the real world, it’s an entirely different ball game. Even the temptation is way outta your league. *sighs*.

                                You see the happiness on some people’s faces and you wish you had it. Did you ever even think of what there sorrowful times were like? Naa, I guessed so, we just see the best and want it. We don’t ever think of the “what If’s”.

                                Sometimes, we like to leave in a fantasy world like all is well even when we know it truly isn’t. You know what I think? Fall back on your kneels and pray irrespective of your religion.

                                Sometimes, I wish we were back to the Stone Age where there were no guns and phones and cars and people were happy in thatch houses and straw beds. Life would have been less competitive I guess, less struggles and all. We would have lived happier and more fulfilled lives I think.. *sigh*

                                Talking about fulfillment, some people don’t even have plans for their lives. They just believe after school, they’ll probably get a job, after a while, get an apartment and finally marry and start a family. Have a nice car and a comfy place of your own. *sigh*. If wishes were horses… You know the rest. Do you think you are better than some of those “hustlers”? Some people have “His Grace”, some have to ask for it, others have to work for it.

                                Akindele Samuel Juwon was a good guy. Even though we weren’t best of friends, he was affiliated to everyone around him one way or the other. Either he just said “hi” or he was always pissing you off or he had one “dead joke” to say. He just always had something. The young man had plans and visions. I remember his e-commerce project defense was an online grocery store (I still have a copy of the plan with me somewhere in my wardrobe). His backup plan was to sell off his grocery store if it wasn’t meeting its target.
                                Now Juwon had a plan for his life but did he have a backup plan for himself on not meeting his target? Do you? He’s dead now, just after graduating even after an extra year. Who’s executing the supposed backup plan? Who knows it? How many of us have back up plans? None? How many have future plans? All?

                                I know some people will start quoting the bible now “I’ll not die but live…”. Have you ever wondered why your so good pastor ever died? Or that little ignorant child? Weren’t they declaring the Lords glory?
                                I am a Christian too, but a very logical one. I think we all need to start having backup plans. Some of us will attend shows and concerts this year and make it a date same time next year. A whole 365 days?! Who are you again? Death is a debt of nature that we all have to pay someday like my father will say but if the bill comes now do you think you can foot it “well”? Hmmn, I guessed as much.\

                                Well, I used to have 2 important prayers which contradict I guess but I usually leave it to Him to settle. They are
1.                                    1     God, I want to start my own family before I die.
2.                                    2     If old age won’t make me make heaven, take my life now.
But now, I have decided to add a 3rd one to it. I hope you all get it though.
3.                                    3   Oh God, let me die doing what I love with those that love me.
Some of us don’t love what we do or who we are with. Change it! Don’t say people will talk. They’ll always talk. So why not please God, please yourself and let them talk!
                                Hmnn. I think I have talked enough tonight. I hope someone picked something. Please, if you were patient enough to read till this point, thank you. Please share. I’ll like to know your thoughts and dialogue with you. That’s what I love doing. Thanks guys. Have a planned life ahead.



P.S. Mixed chronicles was just written as it came and will always be so if it doesn’t make sense, that’s why it’s called #MixedChronicles. Different feelings, one paragraph.


8 comments:

  1. This is something. Really something... It spoke to me. Thank you for doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice !; was wondering why everything were just jumbled but then again like u said #MixedChronicles;

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, I got something...but having a planned life ahead is not a straight call...but not having any situation or accident that cuts or divert the calls is the ahead plan. Our destinies are #MixedChronicles; so is the wind of this life.
    Still it is nice Abiola

    ReplyDelete
  4. Posting a comment has been hard for me... I wonder y..#lol..first time I read this,I remember telling u it was nonsense.read it couple of times and realised there is so much sense in d nonsense.. #good job

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice 😊 👏 Different thoughts, different perspective. Death is a debt we owe nature but if the bill comes now can you foot it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm....,..this is deep......
    Nothing could be more fulfilling than doing what you love soo much, now that you have the strength and spending your life with the people you love, now that they are alive...............

    ReplyDelete